Friday, June 01, 2007

Summery Things I Did Today

*Watered the plants so they don't wither away from thirst. Darn weatherman keeps saying there's going to be rain, but I don't believe a word of it!

*Made suntea with fresh sprigs of mint. Anyone need mint? Seriously, I have a ton of it if you could use some! I cannot get it to stop growing!

*Rode my bike to the ice cream shop for ice cream.

*Grilled sausage and made macaroni salad. Summer soul food.

*Sat inside the air conditioning and read a good book.

That's all. It's summer...one really shouldn't do too much. Take it easy. Enjoy it!

9 comments:

Jean said...

I can say that right now it is raining. I think your plants are happy, even if they are sleeping. :)

Hillary said...

Jean! What are you doing up at 2:30 in the morning???

Ahhh, summer. I can't WAIT. It's really nice here right now (downright hot!) and it's glorious. I can't wait till I can go out and enjoy it without and guily of "I should be marking."

It sounds like you have a very lovely day! I'm jealous! :)

Unknown said...

Seriously! Are you a vampire and I don't know it!?

Hills, you guys have a really long school year. A whole other month before you're done!? Hope it goes fast!!

Jean said...

It was the knucklehead kids I tell you. Running down the street at 2:30 yelling about 7-11.

You really are in school a long time Hillary!! How long of a summer break do you have?

Stacey said...

It rained here in Chattanooga yesterday afternoon for about 45 minutes, and you'd have thought it was the first time anyone at our office had seen rain - ever! Everyone gathered around our window wall and just watched ... it had been a LONG time!! :)

Unknown said...

Knucklehead kids. What a great word. You don't even have a 7-11 over there!?

I would just sit and watch if it were raining here! :)

Hillary said...

Ah, I know about knucklehead kids! .)

Apparently our school year IS kinda long... my friend in Iowa tells me that the kids have been out for a week or two already.

Jealous!

BUT, I think we go back later than they (and possibly you) do. School starts for us always the day after Labour Day. When do kids in Michigan go back?

Hillary said...

aw man! I just wrote a one-eyed smiley. How sad is THAT?

Unknown said...

I think kids go to school around LabOr day here too...

And the smiley? I love it. I seriously laughed out loud...