Monday, February 21, 2011

Every so often we try to get away for at least 24 hours. Generally, we don't go too far away, just somewhere that is not our own house. Our first choice is always a bed & breakfast since we love beautiful architecture and also enjoy someone else providing our food! 


I discovered The Leonard At Logan in my search for Grand Rapids bed & breakfast options. After looking at a few of the rooms, I knew this was the place for us. They have very reasonable prices and each of the rooms seemed to have some cool, quirky features like a ribcage shower plus beautiful views and grand rooms. 

After deciding that I would reserve a room at the L@L, I noticed that they were running an ebay auction that boasted a fantastic rate for a room plus a massage at their in-house spa. Excitedly I bid and happily won, not only grabbing a sweet deal, but snagging a massage as well. Due to our own scheduling conflicts, I haven't been able to book the massage for myself yet, but I can't wait to head back to the spa!

We reserved a room this past weekend as a late Valentine's getaway and it was wonderful. A great chance for us to leave the kiddos and just be ourselves plus a fantastic place to hole up during a crazy Michigan snowstorm.

 It is always so interesting to chat with the owners of a bed & breakfast and find out a bit more history of the home. The Leonard at Logan also often hosts parties or weddings and is owned jointly by guys that not only love restoring old homes but who seem to really love the homes as well and it shows in the workmanship of this place. After enjoying their excellent hospitality and spending time reading in their spacious living room before the huge fireplace, we wanted to move in indefinitely! 

If you are ever looking for a great place to stay in Grand Rapids, I highly-- two-thumbs-up --recommend The Leonard at Logan!

8 comments:

Jean said...

what a fantastic little get-away!

heather said...

I know that house! It's right around the corner from my parents'- I didn't know anyone bought it or did anything with it :) Looks great! Glad you guys were able to get away - I can't wait for that once Daisy weans

Anonymous said...

CRAZY!! I tried to book a room last October there for my parents but, to no surprise, they were booked for a wedding.

Glad to hear you loved it!

Scrapnqueen said...

Goodness, it's been quiet here lately! Hi, friend!

Luanne said...

I just looked in to this for our stay this July...except we would take over the whole house :)

Unknown said...

Really your blog is very nice.
I like your blog.
I glad to see your site.
Thank you for sharing!
I invite you visit my site.
I wait for you.
World Heritage Site
Programming Language
Daily Shopping
Mysterious Vast Space

Kassi said...

Hi Anne. It has been a long time since I have visited. You look as though you are doing well!

talenawinters said...

It's been another three years. Time for another post? ;-)

Hi, Anne.