Wednesday, December 24, 2008

This is What Christmas Looks Like

At least, this is what it looks like in our household this year. Yesterday I had called the nurse at our peds office and after listing of a litany of symptoms she had said it sounded bad but to keep doing what I was doing (humidifier, Tylenol, fluids, etc) and if wheezing came into it to head to the dr at that point.



Baby girl was worse today with the added bonus of shallow breathing so we decided to take her into the med center. How do you not have mommy guilt when they point out the pneumonia on her chest x-ray? Because I 'should have known' sooner and been more worried and fretted more. However, my girl did have some great doctors, nurses and techs today. The x-ray tech had a Furby talking to her to keep the baby distracted and all of the doctors were very friendly, patient and great with my girl. In spite of working on a holiday, everyone was fantastic.

After a trip to the med center, a long visit at the children's ER, several pulse and heart checks, a few unpleasant temp readings, more doses of Motrin & Tylenol and a big pink bottle of Amoxy from the pharmacy, we are home and the babe is tucked into her bed to await Santa tomorrow.

She's hoping he brings her piles of presents and something to make her sick go away.

7 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! I have another friend with a son who went into the hospital yesterday with pneumonia and will be staying through Christmas. I'll keep Baby in my thoughts and prayers. Merry Baby's First Christmas!

heather said...

Oh NO! I was missing you yesterday at church and wondering where you were - so sorry to hear about Randi. I hope the meds help. Kisses to her!

Jen said...

Sounds like our Christmas last year with Madison. Minus the trips to the doctors, med center and ER. Add a nasty case of diarrhea and a fever and no fun for her. We'll keep Randi in our prayers and hope she's feeling better soon! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

hope she feels better and that Christmas is memorable besides the sickness! Merry Christmas!

Jean said...

Yikes! Hope she feels better soon now with all the meds!

thediaperdiaries said...

Knew about the pneumonia, but just getting around to reading this. I hope you threw that mommy guilt right out the window. I try to never wallow in it, cause seriously it will cripple you. We are all doing the best we can :)

Cindy said...

sooooo sorry, anne! you can't second guess yourself, though. baby can't talk so we have to just try to figure it out. the best day will be when she can say "mama my throat hurts" because then you know and can do something.

hope she is well on her way to mending and that Santa was able to make the sick go away.