Wednesday, July 08, 2009

My kid drives me crazy sometimes. We all know the unnecessary whining, the spontaneous tantrum on the floor, the kicking and twisting while trying to change an excessively messy diaper, or the refusal to eat anything but a stick of cheese and a pickle. 









Then there are the sweet times. She runs over to give me a pucker kiss when I ask for one. A great song comes on and she dances in a circle holding hands with her baby doll. The times when a new word comes out unexpectedly and used correctly. Like elbow. Who knew elbow would sound so cute? And truthfully, she points more at her wrist, but it's close. 








But sometimes I am just baffled by this little girlie. I've come to the conclusion that she actually likes napping. If it's just the right time (and I do have to time it perfectly) all I have to do is suggest that it might be nap time and she stands up from playing, waves goodbye to everything (every. thing.) in the room and heads off upstairs. We collect a blanket and a stuffed friend and I plunk her down in the crib and that is that. I think this could be one of my favorite attributes of hers. It's so sweet. 

And yeah, it's also great for getting things done or reading a book. 

4 comments:

Luanne said...

I love when you write about being a mother...so genuine and sweet. Man, and having a litle bit who LIKES taking naps is a definite gift from God!!

Jean said...

How in the world can you be baffled by her liking naps!?!? She comes from a great lineage of nappers! :) and i must say, she is pretty darn cute.

Scrapnqueen said...

She just keeps getting cuter!

I'm glad to hear that your surgery went well. I hope you are back to your normal self soon!

Hugs!

Danielle said...

I see our girls are following the same diet :) As well as the same diaper changing issues and now we have learned to say "no"...but it sounds so cute !!!