Sunday, March 23, 2008

I Found Something Better

I have always said there is nothing better than a spring Sunday afternoon nap on the hammock with a kitty on your belly. But now I know that to be untrue.

There is nothing better than a spring Sunday afternoon nap on the hammock with a kitty and a baby on your belly.

The hammock is up, the birds are singing, my tulips and daffodils are peeking their greens out of the ground and I just saw someone drive by with the top down on their convertible. I declare it to be spring. Sure, there's still snow on the ground and it's likely there will be more, but the sun is shining brightly and I'm ready to start my spring seeds!


Hoo-ray!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea spring!!! my favorite thing in the world is sleeping with a sleeping baby on my chest. Alas, my "babies" are getting too big. Maybe it's time for another?

Stacey said...

All I can say is "Awwww!"

Jean said...

looks so cozy...i think i need to go take a nap..

Andria said...

I love this picture!

There's a song out right now that says something like "you're gonna miss this... you're gonna want this back, you're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast". It's right. This time you have with your daughter will fly by, I'm so glad to see that you're cherishing every minute.

This is the good stuff, ya know? Enjoy every minute, you deserve it. :-)

anne said...

Andria, you are so right. I am totally trying to take in every sweet moment possible!

Jill, you're welcome to snuggle with my baby anytime you need to... :)

TAB Photographic said...

So very true... As a father, my son now 11 and my daughter 7. She will still climb up and lay down, putting her head on my chest and at that moment, that exact moment, nothing in the world could cause any pain or sorrow because I am surely in the best place on earth...

Shine on,
~Tim