Thursday, November 06, 2008

Paaapperrrrrr!!!!

First of all, thank you to all of you who so kindly commented on my last post. From you, and from others who have talked to me in real life it's good to find kindred spirits and encouragers.


Secondly, this week is the paper sale! If you life in GR or the surrounding area, you will want to try to make it out to this annual event. Downtown, there is a building filled with paper goods for sale. Plates, cards, bags, tissue paper, and wrapping paper not to mention ceramics and other fun gifty ideas.

As an example for how great a deal it can be, one year I got about 25 gift bags for $2 and last year I got a large box full of misc cards (about 200) for $5. Seriously. It's the best deal ever.

I'll warn you if you go, it is insane. It can be shoulder to shoulder, people carrying boxes full to the brim of stuff, wading through stuff and sorting among the goods, but it is WELL worth it. It's the best time of year to stock up on bags, cards, gifts or plates & napkins for your holidays.

Plus, it's kind of a rush of excitement there. Everyone is always super friendly (who isn't when they're getting a great deal?!) as well as chatty, which is a good thing as you often have to stand in line for quite a while!

I think I'll be bringing some of my tote bags this time to make it easier. And baby is going to ride behind in her backpack carrier.

Let me know if you want to go and I'll get you directions. They are open today, tomorrow & Saturday only. Then the sale doesn't come back until next year, so stock up now!

8 comments:

Jean said...

am i in a surrounding area? :)
so sad i'm missing it this year! though i wouldn't need any more cards. I still have a plethora of them. have a blast!!

beth said...

sweet... i'm definately there - did you go already and/or are you heading there again?

anne said...

I'm going today around 1! Call for directions and we'll meet you there! :)

Tricia said...

Way cool! You should tell my mom about this. She would definitely take advantage. I will call her and let her know. If I lived near there....I would be there!

Tricia :)

Jenn said...

I wanna go! Too bad I'm not in the surrounding area.

anne said...

Tricia, totally tell your Mom! I'll give her the directions & info!

Luanne said...

oh oh me me!! I wanna go!

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd probably better drop you a note in case you hadn't checked your facebook (or are we even friends there?...can't remember!). Didn't want you to be the last to hear...we are expecting #3!! Totally unplanned, unexpected and on the year that my hubby has been gone for more then 250 days so far! Didn't believe it could happen! Just thought I'd fill you in!