Wednesday, May 13, 2009

OK, So Maybe a Little Spoiled

Garage sale season is upon us. Not only am I a pro at sale-ing, but it is simply one of my favorite summertime activities. I save my singles and change for weeks and get my best bargain-hunting, price-haggling game ready. 

I keep my eyes open for books I'm missing in a series or a favorite author. In past years, I've found the exact ceiling fan I had wanted from the local home store. I can spot a good sale from the street and conversely try to avoid the sparse ones with a slow drive-by. 

This Friday baby girl and I are heading out with a friend to take advantage of a few prime neighborhood sales. 





In chatting with a coworker last week, I discovered that she was participating in one of these upcoming sales. She mentioned she was getting rid of her kids' old play kitchen. 



My ears immediately perked up as my kiddo has loved playing with kitchens when she's been around them. Without hesitation, I told her we would buy it and pick it up before her sale so it would already be out of the way. Andy stopped by and got it tonight on his way home from work. Randall's face when she saw this thing come through the door was ecstatic. Here, she's making her motion for "love" after I asked her if she loved her new kitchen. She hugged her arms to herself and rocked back and forth like she would if she were holding her baby doll. 



Kiddo almost forgot to eat dinner she had so much fun with her new toy. 

7 comments:

Kristina said...

Aww! So sweet! Great buy!

Jean said...

That is an absolutely sweet kitchen!!!

beth said...

i'm with jean on that... i had no idea that's what it would look like! nice catch!

anne said...

I know, guys!! The best part is that it's a wooden one. And will match my little cabinet from back home. She'll have her own "china cabinet" with her kitchen!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh that is so adorable! Let me know if you need pots or play food- they are hard to come by- and I always am keeping an eye out!

Aunt Liz said...

I dont think Grandma will part with her China cabinet yet...Its one of her fond memories from her childhood..Her Dad made it for her...Randall may have to wait a bit...You too Momma

Anonymous said...

Love the play kitchen! And the Betty Crocker cake making play set?? Awe, MAN! We LOVE to be a toddler again for one day. Hmmm...would I want to keep my adult brain with a toddler spirit?