Friday, May 29, 2009

More Waiting

Many thanks to all of you who I know were thinking and praying for me this past Tuesday. It meant so much to know you were behind me and I had no anxiety going into the test. 

Plus, I was highly impressed with the hospital that I went to as they were extremely busy, it being the day after a holiday. However, rather than being called like a number from the door across the waiting room, the ultrasound tech walked all the way over to me, right up to my chair and asked if I was her next patient. Impressive. 

I'm sure they have a clothing identification system entered by the registration person,
 but it was very friendly and very professional. I was impressed to say the least of being set at ease. 

She took a half hour and carefully got all the pictures of my abdomen that she needed and said they would call after the radiologist had read the report and given it to my doctor. Hopefully by Friday or Monday, she said. Argh. We had been planning on going to New York this coming week and I would have liked to know something before we left. 

Fortunately, I got a call Wednesday (another yucky-feeling day) from the nurse at my regular office that the radiologist had seen a polyp on my gallbladder. Also that they would be referring me to a gastro-intestinal specialist and would call me soon with an appointment. Yesterday they called to offer July 1st. I immediately said that that wouldn't work as I was having problems right NOW and need to see someone sooner! She was going to try another office and I haven't heard yet what the plan is. Sigh. 

From a bit of online research, I discovered that this seems to mean that it will be pretty likely that they will take my lovely little gb out. It's outpatient surgery and I'll need to be careful about what I eat afterwards to digest more easily. I'm ok with this. I'm ready for it to get taken care of NOW. It's just irritating to feel sick after every single meal. 

In the meanwhile, here's a cute picture of my kid in her jammies and jellies. It makes me feel better. 


Andria said...

Hmmm... I thought it sounded like gallbladder!

If you're like me, you'll get it out, heal quickly but feel slightly run down for about six weeks. No biggie though, I've never had to worry about what I eat since the surgery. I was just thrilled to not be throwing up anymore! LOL

Hope you can get this taken care of and get on the mend soon!

anne said...

Thanks! Once you mentioned it, it totally made sense as everyone in my family (practically!)has had theirs out.

Glad to know you bounced back quickly!

Jenn said...

I'm sorry to hear this. But I hope that they really do determine what is the matter and that there IS a solution. There's nothing worse than being sick without hope of remedy. I'll keep you in my thoughts!

Jean said...

how could little jelly wearing girl not make anyone feel better! :)

crazy how something so tiny can turn your life upside down. So glad they found it and hopefully you'll get a call sooner than later to get your body back to being well.

Danielle said...

Sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well. I too have had my gb out. Took about 4 weeks to feel better. The crazy thing is that both my sister and I have had ours removed but not until after we had our first child...hmmmmmm. Hopefully they can get you in sooner and get to the bottom of this. It certainly isn't fun not feeling well, especially when someone needs you at your best. Take care

Scrapnqueen said...

Oh, ugh. I was hoping it was just the bug my kids had...

Before they do something like take out your gall bladder (you can't ever grow a new one, you know), have you considered going to a good naturopathic doctor to see what they can do? It might be worth it, if they can help your body fix itself before you start cutting parts out.

Praying for you, friend!