Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Truly

We spent at least half an hour this evening sitting and lying on the floor laughing at our daughter. She ran in circles around me, crawled over my legs, performed her first somersault and fell down frequently. She pulled out my phone and proceeded to talk in "phone voice" to someone on the other end. She carried around a little basket and laughed uproariously as she swung it to and fro. She scrambled about on the living room rug in just a diaper while we filled in her squeaks and squawks with ridiculous commentary. She ran away with some toy and then ran back to give her daddy a kiss. Without prompting. She gave some solid high-five slaps. She giggled away as we tried to tickle her belly. 

The joys of parenting. 

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Isn't this just the greatest phase?! I'm loving it. We are kept in stitches.

Luanne said...

Bliss!!! I wish I could have witnessed it :) !!

Jean said...

100% sweetness.

Kristi said...

She is such a fun little peanut. I just love watching her from behind as she runs away...love her!