Sunday, September 16, 2007

13 Days Later

This is the first year I have loved fall as thoroughly as I am loving it this year. Granted, it's not officially fall yet, but the summer has been so hot and overwhelming that the cooler air and fresher breezes have invigorated me.

I usually lament the end of the summer, the changing of the leaves, the coming of winter. Yet, there are still so many things I want and need to do during this cooler weather that I am in high anticipation.

We just ordered a load of bricks and dirt. Not a huge project, just a nice tree ring around our one tree by the street. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am always looking for new places to plant flowers around here! People, the bulbs are all on sale!! I even took pictures this spring so I know where I can plant a few more bulbs in the main flower garden. Plus, there's the bulb forcing that I can do in my dark basement--perfect for late winter and early fall gifts as well as a burst of color and flowery scent in the house!

I have to wait until Wednesday for everything to be delivered...I am so anxious to get started!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just tagged you for my Eat Local Meme. Hope you will participate.

Jean said...

Happy planting!! :)

anne said...

Jill...I am totally in! And no, I can't quite get a whole meal out of my garden. I don't think you're allowed to raise chickens in the city anyway...

Thanks Jean!! It will be happy!!