Monday, September 17, 2007

It's Corn that tastes like candy!


Personally, I always get excited at my first bag of candy corn each year. At work on Thursday, a friend was giving out the new candy corn flavored Hershey kisses. Those, I hated. However, I commented (before trying it for the first time) that I loved candy corn and couldn't wait for some. A few hours later, she walked into the office and handed me a bag!

Even better than a bag of candy corn? The candy Pumpkins!

The one candy corn I have never liked is the chocolate ones. I'm not sure why, but for me, the original is what I have to have.

The best part of my own bag of candy corn? Hubby doesn't like it at all so I don't even have to pretend to be willing to share!

Interesting info about candy corn as found on Wikipedia:

1. The National Confectioners Associates estimate 20 million pounds of candy corn are sold each year.
2. Candy corn was first invented in the 1880s by George Renninger and was originally made by hand.
3. October 30th is National Candy Corn Day.


No comments: