Thursday, May 15, 2008

An Epic Tale

It was a dark and stormy night. The wind whipped each drop of rain fiercely so that they felt like needles against my skin. Eternity stretched before me as I took each staggering step forward into the inky blackness. Fearing what was behind me yet terrified of what was ahead, I could only move blindly toward what would later prove to be one of the greatest moments in my life.

Ok. That might be a bit of an overstatement. It wasn't night and it wasn't raining either. Aaaand I suppose I wasn't really scared about anything, nor was it quite that monumental.

The actual story just didn't have a whole lot of pizazz to it so I figured I should try to spice it up a bit. Ah well.


Today was baby's First Shot. I don't want to go with the regular immunization schedule for a lot of reasons, but for one, I'm just not comfortable giving such a tiny person so many shots all at once when she's so young. We're just taking it slow. What goes in can't come back out and I don't want any regrets. So she just got one today.



I gave her a bit of Tylenol before we left to go to the doctor's and hoped for the best. The visit was uneventful. I was mostly just nervous about whether they would be okay with my choice or if it would be a big deal. No worries needed. Everything went perfectly smoothly and I don't think she even noticed the poke. Frankly, I think she was more grumpy about how our arrival at the office interrupted her nap.

The cat seemed to be more needy and clingy today than the baby was. So they both got a little extra snuggling and everyone is happy.

Time for bed. Lately, Baby has been getting up earlier than usual. Earlier than I would prefer, if the truth be told. I should just be thankful that we have gotten as much sleep as we have up until now. I know it will only continue to get earlier, so remind me of my thankfulness in a few months, ok?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

shots are never fun and don't ever feel bad about holding back...every parents differently and in the end you are responsible for your child (below God's care of course). Glad she took it well.

Anonymous said...

hahaha I meant to say that everyone parents differently...sorry about the double comment!

Jean said...

so glad it went well!! :)

heather said...

good for you sticking to an immunization schedule that you and andy are comfortable with! i'm glad you didn't get hassled and that randi did well. :)