Thursday, May 29, 2008

So, You Wanna Hear Something Really Gross?

This morning we were up early to listen to a friend who was on the radio. Ok, I'll be honest, I slept through half of it, but the baby finally made me get up at 7:30. Ugh, that is not my favorite time of the day.

After the radio show, hubby made a yummy pot of coffee and then we walked a couple houses down to meet some friends who were checking out a home for sale. It was interesting to say the least. The house has been vacant for over a year, the previous owners having vanished into thin air. (KIND OF LIKE THE ISLAND!)

Frankly, it wasn't nearly as horrible as I was expecting for the price at which it was listed. We wandered through imagining with them what it could be like and what could be done for improvements.

Baby happily looked at each new room and peered cautiously around every corner.

I happily sipped my hot coffee with foamed milk. Mmmm.

I noticed some had spilled onto my sleeve (sometimes I over fill my travel mugs) so I slurped it up. What? I didn't want to waste it!

Yeah. That was not foamed milk on my sleeve.

13 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm laughing OUT LOUD....really LOUD!

Jean said...

mmmmmmm tasty!

Anonymous said...

"Oh how gross!!" was the first thing that came to mind...but the next thought behind it was "that totally sounds like something I would have done." Espcially with the night I had last night...I've had a short term stomach bug and Hannah caught it yesterday...threw up 6 times in 2 hours and didn't once make it to the bucket right beside her on the couch. She kept thinking she needed to run to the bathroom. Then Alayna did her normal baby spit up on me...I was so tired of being puked on! Where is Daddy when you need him?!
Sorry you had such an awful addition to your morning cup of coffee!

Tricia said...

I have to admit that never happened to me but I am really laughing quite hard!!

Tricia :)

Jessica said...

haha!! That's the essence of being a mom!

Kris said...

One time I was reading Leah a book. She was sitting in my lap. I don't know how she did it, but she spit up, and it went IN my mouth. It was gross. She is quite talented though...

anne said...

I know, right!?

I was furiously drinking my coffee after this incident. Ick.

Tricia said...

I was thinking of you again just now and had this gag reflux thing happen. Still laughing and gagging over your "milk" fun!

Tricia :)

Jen said...

ahh yes. the joys of mommyhood :) can't say I've ever done that before. but on that same thought...eew.

Stacey said...

Ohhhhh nooooooooo!

Heather said...

Ugh! But so funny!

Hillary said...

hehehe! Eeeew!

Also? I totally dreamed I came to visit you last night. We decorated your Christmas tree and I left my sister in Taco Bell. You had really cool homemade Christmas lights. Hmmm...

Scrapnqueen said...

Thanks for the chuckle! I'm still giggling!