Saturday, November 18, 2006

In My Neighborhood

"It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a good fortune must be in want of a wife."

~Jane Austin









It has to be said that there is little better for a Saturday afternoon than for it to be spent with wonderful girlfriends, tea, and Pride & Prejudice.

It's an annual occurance now. Last year we watched the new, shorter version, and while it was a good movie to fill some time, it just doesn't have the same, oh I don't know, the same something as the BBC original. Not to mention, it lacked Colin and that alone should cause us to take exception with the film.

Regardless, all I really have to say is that this movie always gives me warm fuzzies. I know, I know. That sounds rather silly and flippant. But I cannot deny it any longer. No, wait, I've never denied it. At any rate, it was a beautiful day.

10 comments:

Talena said...

You know, although I devoured the book in a matter of days, I've never seen either film? Although I totally thought, the whole time I read it, "Colin Firth would make a great Mr. Darcy." Then I found out he had been Mr. Darcy. I guess someone agreed with me.

Thanks for cheering me up today! Glad your day was so pleasant!

anne said...

Oh, you totally have to see it...not THAT would have cheered you up!

Anonymous said...

Is the new, shorter version the one with Keira Knightly?

Anyway, I haven't read the book but I have seen the superb 1940 film version with Laurence Olivier and Greer Garson. I highly recommend it for next year.

Heather Anne Hogan said...

::low whistle::

Yu-ummy.

Jean said...

the kink in my neck was worth the five hours sitting in front of the big tv. :)

anne said...

First of all, I meant to say NOW THAT would have cheered you up...silly fingers.

V, yes that's the one with Keira. She's just so unrealistic to me in that movie. Jennifer Ehle will always have my vote. I'm curious about the old version. We may have to break it out next year!!

You are not kidding, Heather Anne...you are not kidding...

I'm so glad you had fun, Jean. It is always one of my favorite events of the year! :)

Anonymous said...

Colin is the perfect Mr. Darcy - dreamy, dashing and drool-worthy! The BBC version is by far the best rendition of P&P. Keira doesn't suit the role of Lizzie at all - too glam.

Carbon said...

Glad the tea party went well. What a nice idea. I have to admit I have not seen the movie as of yet. It's not really my usual type of movie genre. But, I'll eventually see it and maybe then understand what the ruckus is all about with it :)

Jay said...

Say what you want about Keira, but she is the only reason I would ever watch the new version.

Anonymous said...

I am a huge fan of that version of the movie. Colin is the best Mr Darcey ever.