Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Eeeew...Hairballs...

Yeah, that's reeally nasty. And yes, I am blogging about barf. There are some things we really shouldn't want to know about. But the question has been asked, and I must answer. Blech.

"Where do they come from? Where do cats store all that hair and why?"

They come from kitties who very conscientiously groom themselves. They keep themselves so clean and fluffy and nice that unfortunately they have gross consequences for this cleanliness.

The fur stays in a pile in their tummies until it just gets too big and then, "HACK, HACK" out it comes. Lovely. Just lovely. Right on my white carpet. Or my comforter. Or the middle of the hall so I step on it in the morning. Why thank you, kitty. That was so kind.

All I know is that I very fortunately got out of the "hairball-cleaning-up duty" and I am oh so thankful for that. I'll trade almost any job for that one. That and the litter box. Ugh.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That pic is seriously gross!

anne said...

Yeah...yeah I know...but at least it wasn't stepped in first...

Kelly said...

ACK!

Anonymous said...

ugghhh...that's not even right...your cat probably feels violated

anne said...

Why? Because I told the whole world how gross they are? Eh, they're already over it.