Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wine Tasting on Saturday

Saturday we drove out to Temecula for a day of wine tasting and seeing the countryside.

The first place we went to was absolutely beautiful. Tons of hanging flowers and gardens and paths. Very country villa. But it was also packed in the bar area. We ended up grabbing our glass and just hanging out on the patio discovering what wines we did and did not like (and why) and admiring the flowers and water fountains.

The second place had free tasting and much cozier yet still pretty busy. We got a big loaf of toasted bread with brie and had a very good lunch. Here it was quite chilly and breezy so we found a table that was away from most of the wind.

They also had a ton of sweet Gucci rip-off purses...and of course, I couldn't pass that up. I love new purses. I do. Andy had to really sacrifice for me on this one, since we were technically spending his Chrismas money as our vacation money. What a good hubby. What a great purse.


Our last stop was our favorite. It was tucked away, with a long winding driveway up the hill. It was quiet and dark inside, so it was the perfect calm, chill ending to a fun day of wine. We got some more excellent cheese and just hung out together and enjoyed the rest of our day. Andy picked out a bottle of our favorite from the day for Valentine's. I'm hoping he's cooking that night...


It gets dark really early in California and we tried to get as many pictures as we could before dark. As we drove back to the apartment, we stopped at a little grocery store and picked up some ingredients for dinner and then napped the rest of the way back.





I attempted to cook an amazing gourmet meal for everyone, but it was sadly not what I was hoping it to be. I broiled some very tasty tilapia fillets, but they baked much faster than I expected them to. They still tasted good, but were rather dry. Fortunately the asparagus and salad were excellent, so all was not in vain!

We then spent the rest of the evening playing speed Uno. It was insanity. Hysterical insanity. It may not look like it, but it was. You find out who your true friends really are in this game, let me tell you. Let's play it sometime...

All in all, an excellent day in somewhat sunny California!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute purse! And Talapia is one of my favorites...second only to salmon! And it only takes 3 minutes on the George Foreman if you have one...

anne said...

I should try it that way...I need to get more practice in anyway! :)

Anonymous said...

I've done tilapia on the Foreman also- not bad- kinda on the dry side though- prolly left it on too long. Although I prefer it baked with cheese melted on it :)