Friday, May 12, 2006

Together At Last

Smacky* and Lily** are finally reunited! After months of Smacky lying in twain*** and Lily occupying the prime spot in the shower, they are back together where they belong.

Tending the garden. Watching out for those unruly children who pick my flowers. Helping Grant with the weeding. Enjoying the sunshine. Golly they're happy little frogs.

Smacky has been super-glued back together. And he's resting against the railing for extra support just in case. I still have to watch out for that paper boy.
Lily is happy just being in the garden. She is my watchfrog against the kids. "Please don't pick the daisies." Pretty please?

And really, is it too much to ask that the neighbor children keep their grubby little hands off of my flowers? Is it? I think not. Does that make me an ogre? I don't plant flowers for them to pick do I? Nope. Sure don't. Mean ol' lady next door. That's me.


--See also:

*Smacky's first appearance
**Frog in the Tub
***Froggie Hit & Run

9 comments:

Jean said...

How SWEET!!! I bet they're loving today..all the rain. just up their ally.

have you lost any more tulips from the natives next door?

anne said...

NO! You know, maybe I really taught them a lesson. Or maybe not. But when they try to pick one of my roses...hoo boy, that will learn them something!!

Anonymous said...

At first glance, I thought Smacky's hand was on Lilly's thigh...

I'm so weird.

anne said...

Ha! It does kind of look like that, doesn't it!? He does like him his Lily... ; )

Jen said...

Hey Anne,

I am going to begin blogging at a new location, same layout.

It is:
http://www.divalv.blogspot.com/

Hope you come by and thanks for your support!

Kerri Anne said...

Kassi, me, too! Or you know, in other places. ;)

(Happy weekend! to you, Anne. :) )

anne said...

Maybe I'd better move them apart just a little so I don't have any extra frogs... ; )

Anonymous said...

Well, I said "thigh" but I was thinking...well, uh, you know "other places"...

Hillary said...

Froggie went a-courting and he did ride...

wow! So I saw those froggies and thought, awww, isn't that all sweet and innocent? Now? You've all corrupted me! ;)

Whatever. They're still cute. I'm glad Smacky no longer lies in twain.