Monday, February 27, 2006

I Am Still Afraid of the Dentist


I have a very nice dentist. He's friendly, he's quick and he doesn't really cause all that much pain. But I still dread it. And I don't think I've ever really seen his face. But at least he has a nice voice.


Anyway, I remembered last night that I have an appointment today and I practically broke out sobbing. Not entirely just because of the dentist, but also because I have had a migraine for the past three days and the thought of holding my mouth open for an hour while they drill in my head literally brought tears to my eyes. If I think about it too much right now, I might just cry.

Can I borrow someone's codeine? I took some Motrin already, but I wish I had some Excedrin migraine or something a little more meaningful.

I had a really hard time dragging myself into work this morning. But I don't want to use up all of my sick days on headaches. I really need to get into a doctor and get a real prescription for this thing.

All day yesterday I got to spend lots of time with good friends and fun times, but I felt like I really couldn't focus on anyone or give them much of myself. So I apologize to any of you who felt like I wasn't a very attentive friend. I promise to do better when I have my whole head back to normal.

Does anyone have any good advice for migraines other than drugs? I often find a cold, wet washcloth on my head helps some. Especially when I have just a little bit of heavy pressure on my forehead too. And then not moving at all...

7 comments:

heather said...

my best advice is a dark room, laying flat and not moving. not so easy at work, though, huh?

i'm sorry you're not feeling well - that is a bummer! the weather here has been crazy...that probably has something to do with it!

missed you yesterday - so sorry not to be there!

anne said...

I'll bet the weather does have some effect on me. The constant changing and pressure. Ugh.

And I have been stressed about some work things lately too. I'm sure that doesn't help.

Miss you too! :) We struggled on nonetheless. I had a few of the main worship leaders come and sing in the 4-5th room. Three guys who never would have thought they would do that in a million years. Plus, we did "Get Down" so they got a good workout too! It was so funny and they ended up having fun! Aha! I won!

Kris said...

migraines are horrible. i bet having a band practice in your living room didn't help too much either. :)

anne said...

You may be right on that one...though I stayed upstairs most of the time so it wasn't too bad. But still...

Jean said...

Chocolate. That's my advice. Don't know if it works or not as i've never had a migrane, but that's what you always prescribe to me, so I prescribe it back to you.

Gary said...

Drink coffee. It works for me.







For information on Kauai sedation dentistry visit Kauai Smile Center website.

Unknown said...

Eat some chocolates but not too much or else you'll suffer from toothache.- For information on Richmond cosmetic dentistry visit Richmond Smile Center website.