Saturday, November 26, 2005

Hip Hip


HOORAAAY!!

It's done! After three and a half months, my tiny little bathroom is finished! And I love it. Love it, love it, love it. It's so beautiful and exactly what I was hoping it would be.

Andy worked on the trim all day Friday and then we had to pick up one more little piece of wood, paint it and then he finished that today.

He installed the toilet, though we had to run to the hardware store to pick up a new flapper as ours was leaking. New toilet!? Leaking flapper!? That's just ridiculous. Ah well, it was only $57 dollars for the whole toilet. What can I expect?

The sink cabinet is in and steady. He had to do a good bit of finagling to get it to be level, but it is nice and sturdy now. I got new hand towels and soap. The plumber is coming this afternoon to look at one of the handles on the faucet as it was a little bit leaky. And we certainly can't have that.

Mirror is on. Paper holder is on. New matching trash can and light & outlet plates are on. New floor mats. Little shelf for a plant and picture is on. Now I just need to make a curtain for my window. Maybe something striped in white, brown & green to match. I sense a fabric store shopping excursion coming up!

My hubby did such a good job. All I did was tear the old bathroom down and pick out the things I wanted. He did all the work. :) Sometimes it's nice to be a girl.

Amazingly, he was talking yesterday about the projects he wants to do someday in the attic and the basement. He's unstoppable. Though I'm not likely to try to stop him either!

No comments: