Saturday, March 04, 2006

Shoe Cube


I have to give credit to Marcia for tipping me off to the excellent closet storage items at Target. I already knew I liked Target, that's not the point. Several times we had wanted to organize our closets and looked around at various units and pieces but they were always ridiculously expensive and we figured we could make the stuff ourselves.

I have wanted a good shoe organizer for a while. And this one is perfect. We also got a couple pieces for hubby's closet and for the first time ever his closet is orderly! Yay!

I always feel such a sense of accomplishment when I organize things. We still have more work to do, but our spare bedroom is now inhabitable for our new guest. She moved a bunch of her stuff over last night and is bringing the rest and herself tonight. We cleaned out the whole closet (quite a task) and the bookshelf, bedside table and the main dresser. We also got rid of a whole bunch of stuff. A friend even came over this morning to take our extra mattress set and dryer from our garage. Very freeing to get rid of stuff.

Just wait until we have a garage sale this summer! I may just pull out the kitchen sink! Really. You think I'm kidding but I'm not. I really hate my kitchen sink.

Anyone have anything they need to organize right now? Anything they are putting off until the last possible moment? Anyone looking forward to spring cleaning?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the shoe cube- Katie got three hanging ones recently to finally get her closet kinda organized. We still have a lot more organizing to do in the new place though.. especially with the office. I put together a computer desk and a tall bookshelf- but the desk has no drawers! So I have no where to put bills and things like that yet, and I hate papers piling up on top of the desk. But- I did get both the kitchen and garage organized great though! We need to do some spring cleaning in the yard soon- I don't even have a lawn mower yet and it's startin to grow- plus there is still one pile of leaves left from fall. Maybe next weekend.. :)

Anonymous said...

ooooh! very nice!

heather said...

shoe cube - great idea! i may have to get me one of them thingers. i think my spring cleaning is a bit on the extreme side - moving is quite the catalyst to spring cleaning.

anne said...

Shawn--when did you guys get a new place? What's the arrangement, what's the place like?
I'm so jealous your lawn is starting to grow. Mine is still covered in snow. Though there are some crocus sprouts poking up.

Anonymous said...

Katie moved from her little one bedroom apt to a rent house back at the beginning of January. I can't believe I forgot to tell you! I pretty much live here too (but shhh- don't tell her parents lol) It's a great house. I'll email you some pics of it. 3 bedroom, 2 bath, living room and den, 2 car garage, fenced in yard, nice neighboorhood... Perfect place for us to live until she gets done with pharmacy school.

Jean said...

ahhh...you're shoes. I saw a hanging shoe organizer this past weekend and immediately thought of you :)

Marcia said...

Um. I LOVE your shoes. seeing those ones at the top remind me... I need new espadrilles for spring. WHY did I give up shopping for lent?

anne said...

Wow--that's quite a compliment coming from you! :)

And I found some really cute blue espadrilles at Kohl's that I may have to have. Not to mention that I already need a second cube...sigh.

Unknown said...

Hi,

Just had a question re: the Shoe Cube. What is the measurement of the "Cube"(where you store the pair of shoes) itself? Some of the shoe organizer I find you can only store 1 shoe of a pair per cube.
Thanks Liz