Monday, March 26, 2007

76

It's a good number. A basketball team. One digit higher than three quarters. An even number.

But in March? Really? It makes me worry for the trees. That we should have so many unbelievably gorgeous, practically HOT, days in late March but with the understanding that Michigan is well-known for its curve ball weather.

I hate to be so very cynical about the weather, but I just can't seem to help it. I'm not trusting that it could stay this way for too very long.

There was this one year when I got a sunburn on my birthday. Middle of April, it was. A shocking situation, something that had never happened before. It doesn't take much anymore for me to believe in global warming, that's for sure.

But the flowers...they're sprouting. And the trees, they are budding. It speaks of life and growth and I want it to stay.

I want to stay out here on my sunny porch every day.

8 comments:

Hillary said...

Too ad it wasn't 76 on the weekend! oh well, it still wasn't bad... Enjoy the warm-ness! :)

Jean said...

Exactly Hills! :) Ah well. :)

And too bad it's supposed to be in the 40's next week.

~cjoy said...

Of course, I'm a lot further south, but we hit 87 degrees yesterday! It's definitely a warm spring. ;)

Unknown said...

I know, guys...it would have been great to have been that warm this weekend!

CJ, WOW! That's really warm!! Sigh...soon enough I'll be complaining of the heat... :)

Stacey said...

We hit a record high of 88 in Chattanooga, TN, yesterday. That is just tooooo hot for March! But the flowers are so beautiful!

Carbon said...

I'm really having a hard time believing that spring is here. I feel like when I finally accept it, the cold weather front will come out and snap me in the rear. So... yes the weather has been nice here too but that's all I'm gonna say on that :)

Unknown said...

Carbon, I hear you. I think the weather is vindictive and I totally don't trust it. Totally.

sarah cool said...

Dude, girls, on Sunday in Chicago it was sunny and 87 degrees!!! It was SO HOT! It was amazing.