Friday, March 30, 2007

A Bird in the Hand...Or Purse

Last night I got together with a few girls from my small group for an exceptional craft night experience. Wine, spaghetti and great conversation provided the back drop for the flow of our creative juices.

The goal was to make little bird coin purses. Truly, I expected the project to take very little time though I find that I always underestimate myself. Ahem.


We all felted a sweater or two that we had no need of anymore, and found some wool blends to be tighter than others; the tightest of which seemed to work the best. With so many colors to choose from, the birds became very exotic.





Only a few pieces to sew together, some hand stitching, a colorful zipper, and a button eye. Wah-lah! Could it be any cuter?!

5 comments:

Hillary said...

I recognize those manicured pink nails! (I think?) :)

Aw man, it's times like this that I wish we lived closer. Your craft nights sound like so much fun. The birdies are sooo cute! What are you going to do with them? Are they gifts, or just for fun?

Jean said...

I'm keeping the polish on as looooooong as possible. :) Of course, it was only 45 minutes later when the polish was knicked and smudged. :)

We wished you lived closer too!

Unknown said...

I think some of the girls are keeping them to be used and some will give them as gifts. A very practical project! :)

Stacey said...

Those are adorable!
Craft nights sound like so much fun!

Carbon said...

What a fun and cute idea!