Friday, March 02, 2007

South Carolina RT07-7

Charleston, SC


An hour and a half delay into town. Getting out of the van and walking up and down the highway. People late to important business meetings, appointments, travel, etc.

A fatality. Sometimes it's ok to wait.







Charleston. Sunny but windy. If you're not careful, you'll either blow right off the pier or at the very least, fall over.







Chasing the pigeons. See how they run. See how they fly.

Exploring through the park. Climbing and jumping and running.








Lunch at a cafe. Cafe.

An afternoon spent browsing through sidewalk shops, Pirate stores, knick-knacks.






Chick-fil-A milkshakes on the way back before dinner. My girlfriend's little girl. Is she not such a little sweetie? Always ready to pose for the camera.











Thank you, my friend for your hospitality and showing us around your fabulous town. I'm glad we're still able to catch up so easily and quickly after so many years and still feel as though we didn't miss a thing. It was wonderful to spend time with you and your family!

6 comments:

sarah cool said...

I LOVE Charleston. A bunch of my family (and some old friends as well) live there, so I'm there once or twice a year, and I just love it!

Frannie Farmer said...

We don't have Chick-fil-A .. I am sooo curious. What is like?

anne said...

Sarah, it was such a fun place to visit! I wish we could have had more time there...

FF, we don't either!! It's tragic. Chick-fil-A is a southern chicken fast food place. Best fried chicken sandwiches you have ever had. Best grilled chicken sandwiches you have ever had. Best chicken period! Next time you happen to be in the South at all, you have to try it!!

Jean said...

oooooohhhhh Chick-fil-a....
And I must say you and that adorable, little gal are so cute chasing the birds... :)

BeckyD said...

So glad you could stop by! We so enjoyed seeing you...and hearing Andy play on the guitar! Don't forget...we still want some of your CDs for the kids...let us know how much!
Also, I believe you left a small bottle of lotion here in our bath...and I think Andy left a pair of sunglasses in the van. I will get them in the mail ASAP...just been little swamped getting ready for Hannah's party. Also, check back with me in a couple of days...may have some news for you!

anne said...

Thanks Jean...I know we were... ;)

Beck, I did think we had left those...don't worry about them, not a big deal. The sunglasses were mostly broken anyway! :) And you can enjoy the lotion!

You will have such a fabulous party!

Don't worry, we will absolutely send you CDs...we love to promote them.

News, eh? Hmmm...you have piqued my curiosity!!